Bell's Hopslam Ale

Bell's Hopslam Ale is one of the best light beers I had ever tasted. This beer made from Michigan, United States is an all time favorite. It is mostly liked due to its great taste. It is an online favorite as well on different beer reviews.

The appearance of this best light beer is a bit normal. This bottle was a gusher which surprised me, but it could have been jostled around while chilling. Pours a clear deep golden or almost pale amber with a finger of frothy off-white head that slowly recedes to cling to the edges of my glass. Nice lacing as the snifter drains. I have always thought Hopslam is a beautiful looking beer.

Hops: this word much describe this best light beer. The first sniff produced a waive of hops that washed over my entire nasal cavity. That was followed with the fresh scent of pine that was very reminiscent of freshly cut grass, or a forest. Points deducted because of the sweet, syrupy scent that was also detected when I smelled it. It doesn't suit well for me but on some beer reviews, they enjoy its mixed effect.

The taste of this best light beer is a great one. Good balance of honey/caramel malt sweetness and piney hop bitterness; emphasis leans slightly towards the hops. Really a lot going on here in the hops department hence Hopslam; floral, citrus, and spicy notes subtly come and go in the background. Alcohol is noticeable, but subdued. There seems to be long drawn out aftertaste of what tastes like green apples, perhaps acetaldehyde? Maybe a yeast ester; but it doesn't matter anyway because I love the taste itself and I find the after taste awesome!

The mouthfeel for this best light beer is great for the style. The tongue was harshly beaten by the hops in this beer, but the sweet syrup finish placated the uncomfortable feeling the hops produce. Personally, I love the feeling of hops on the tongue, and to me that really made this beer; several beer reviews agrees with me in this state.   

Overall, this beer lived up to the hype for me. To be honest, I would actively seek this out again. This beer is recommended for all those who want to taste different brands of beer. This is one of the best, and I bet you would enjoy it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Us On Facebook