The Abyss

The Abyss would definitely be one of the best light beers I had tasted! It is overwhelmingly famous due to different beer reviews that it has been included. This beer made from Oregon, United States is one of the many favorites by the Americans. It is undoubtedly a must taste beer, a prove to that would be almost majority of all beer reviews gave it a good remarks!

This best light beer pours pure black- darker than used engine oil. Its color is quite a unique one when you compared it to the normal color of beers. When I hold this up to the bright sun there are no highlights revealed. I mean this is totally black. The pour produces two fingers of doughy dark brown compact head that coats the glass. Again, the looks of this best light beer is awesome!

The nose is one of the most complexes of any dark beer I have smelled in quite some time. A touch of smoke overlays a duo of roasty malt and hops. A further hoppiness pairs with tannic notes of woody oak. A slight touch of vanilla is probably due to the added vanilla and not bourbon barrel; only 6% of the beer in these bottles ever saw the inside of one but then who know? Maybe it was a young set of barrels. I find it great.

Well this best light beer is complex. I guess I will start with the basic stout flavors, which are present in this beer but there is so much happening on top of them that I have to think about it to isolate them. Hops are here in plentiful quantities and they pair with the roast of the dark malts in the typical big stout fashion. The most prominent non-traditional stout flavor is a pronounced woodiness. This is a popular comment on "The Abyss" on different beer reviews. Anyway, it almost reminds me of roasted chicory, or an over-oaked stout I brewed once. Anyway, this flavor almost dominates, but doesn't eclipse everything else. I do taste both licorice and a tiny bit of vanilla, which are both tasty. So I wonder if that particular woody flavor is the cherry bark. Regardless of the flavor of this best light beer that you would taste, I tell you its taste was simply epic! 

The mouthfeel is rather dry and viscous, but not as thick and chewy as something like Bourbon County Stout. I think it is still quite good, and I imagine that it is exactly what the brewers at Deschutes intended. Carbonation feels fairly low.

This beer as expected is an awesome beer! It has so many flavors that it is walking the line between complex and muddled. I like it quite a bit, but find myself straying back the purist mindset of doing little to a beer save for aging it in oak. However, this beer is doing something awesome and this beer is recommended for everyone loves American brewed beers! It should be tried by anybody who has an interest in American beer or big dark beers of any sort. Kudos to this beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Us On Facebook