1 kg beef meat,
1 pig’s intestines and tripe and blood
2 onions, sliced
1 large ginger, sliced
8 pcs bilimbi fruit, sliced
Vinegar and fish sauce to taste
· Wash pork’s innards and beef meat
· Put water to pot enough to cover the meat and innards
· Boil and skim
· Put fish sauce and vinegar to taste must be sour to taste
· Add onion, ginger and bilimbi fruit
· Cook until meat and innards are cooked and tender
½ kilo of pork belly or kasim portion but include the fat (NOTE: Use only freshly cut meat)
1 cup vinegar (I prefer sugarcane vinegar)
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 large onion (chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1~2 calamansi fruit
5 pcs long green chillies, roll cut
· Cut the pork in chunk, about 2” x 2” x 3”.
· Grill pork over charcoal.
· Remove from grill
· Make small slices, about 1” x 1/8” x 1”. Place in a big bowl.
· Pour in vinegar,soy sauce, onion,long green chillies, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
· Squeeze one calamansi for every serving to enhance the flavor.
1/8 kilo diced Kalabasa ( Squash)
1/4 kilo Alugbati ( Malabar Spinach ) or Kulitis ( Native Spinach )
5 pcs Sitaw or Balatong ( String Beans ) cut into 2 inches
3 pcs Okra cut into wedges
1/4 kilo fresh Shrimp, shell intact
1 pc Talong ( Eggplant ), sliced
Salt to taste or Fish Sauce ( Patis )
2 cloves garlic, pound
6 cups of water
· Bring the water to a boil
· Add the fresh Shrimp
· Once the fresh Shrimp turns pinkish,
· add the Okra then wait until two minutes
· Add the Squash and cook until slightly fork tender.
· Add the String beans and Eggplant
· Add salt to taste or Patis
· Turn off the heat then add your leafy vegetables
· Serve Laswa immediately with Fried fish