Shock Top Raspberry Wheat


Shock Top Raspberry Wheat is one the beers I didn’t enjoy the most. Meanwhile, on some beer reviews, it’s a highly favorite and they consider it as one of the best light beers. This beer made from Missouri, USA is a native favorite of Americans that’s why I consider trying it.
Its appearance on the first hand is a plus factor for me. Other beer reviews love its graphic presentation. This so called “best light beer” pours a surprisingly orange hue with expected cloudiness. A half inch weak white head fades quickly to a thin rim leaving no lacing. For a wheat beer it is a strange color and has a shocking lack of head, but it does look kind of cool with that orangey glow it gives. If we are only talking about its appearance I guess I could agree that this is a contender to be consider as one of the best light beer.

Its aroma is just a “So-So” for me. Overripened berries and tangy malt come through first followed by an unenjoyable lite beer; adjunct character I may say. It seems like it could’ve been decent without that. I like how beers smell as fruits, but this one is a bit different; not a fan of its aroma.

Its taste for me is the deciding and last factor if I would agree that if it is truly one of the best light beers in America. I was not surprised at all when I tasted it. It was awfully unrounded; each part sticks out huge in the mouth. First comes the light beer character of watery lager, followed by a big over ripe fruit character and finishing with both a hint of bitterness and a strongly sweet raspberry. None of the parts in themselves are overly appealing and each stick out from each other, making the overall experience a bit of a rotating mess on the tongue. As the beer warms the fruit flavor becomes more dominating but seems artificial. I may say it’s still okay but not enough to consider it as one of the best light beer. Different beer reviews were kind of disappointed when they have tasted this.

Its mouthfeel was a bit watery and with only a mild carbonation. If the taste were good it seems like the mouthfeel would be at a nice level to make this an easy drinking fruit beer, unfortunately the conglomerated mess of flavors that come forward stick in the mouth.

It’s utterly unenjoyable and superbly disappointing for all the things it could be. With a little more effort it seems that this could be a decent fruit wheat beer like Sam Adam's Blackberry Wit instead it comes out as this wild assortment of unfortunate flavors added to a bad light beer base. This is not good. This beer is recommended to all the drinkers out there, so you could decide yourselves if I am right or what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Us On Facebook